Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims: An Added Layer Of Complexity

West Virginia law requires drivers to carry insurance — including uninsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage comes into play when you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. Since that driver doesn’t have a policy, you will have to turn to your own policy for coverage of accident-related expenses, including medical bills, property damage and lost wages.

What if the other driver does have insurance, but it’s not enough to cover all the losses? In these situations, you may have coverage if you purchased an underinsured motorist policy.

For both of these scenarios, your ability to recover compensation will depend on your policy limits.

Get Legal Help Navigating Complex Insurance Issues

After a car accident, you have enough on your plate. Navigating the complexities of insurance policies — and attempting to deal with the insurance company on your own — can be a challenging battle.

We can help. At the Law Office of Stephen P. New in Beckley, we handle underinsured and uninsured motorist claims on behalf of accident victims. We can examine the details of your insurance policy to determine the scope of your coverage. Our attorney can also negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company, leveraging the strengths of your claim to press for a fair settlement. Our entire firm will invest the time and effort to help you get the financial recovery you deserve.

You shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of another driver’s irresponsibility. Let our lawyers assist you in exploring every available avenue for accountability and justice.

Schedule Your Free Consultation

To discuss your situation with a member of our firm, call 304-362-7345 or send us an email. The initial consultation is free, and we offer contingency fee representation for all types of personal injury matters.

Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Litigation

If you or a loved one were affected by the opioid epidemic and gave birth to a child dependent on opioids that were prescribed to the mother, please contact us at 1-844-BAD-PILL (1-844-223-7455).

Do You Live In Pineville? We’re Ready To Help People Exposed To Toxic Water.

Are you a resident of the Pineville area and/or customer of Pineville Municipal Water Company? The Law Office of Stephen P. New and Taylor & Hinkle Attorneys at Law have jointly filed a class action lawsuit against Pineville Municipal Water Company.

Learn More >>

Close Menu